Wednesday, January 6, 2016

The Side Braid

Textured Sweater: H&M
Jeans: Zara and DIY
Maxi Cardigan: Pull&Bear
Black Boots: Pull&Bear



Threw on all the neutrals in one outfit. How convenient! That's why I (almost) never struggle with pairing colorful items because I don't usually wear them.  
I wish that my cardigan was thicker so I can wear it in Winter as well. 


I don't know about you but in my case, I don't find much difference in how I dress to go to uni and how I dress when I go out. Of course that there's a small difference here and there. The shoes for example. I'm not going to wear heels to  uni. 



What I mean is that I dress this way wherever I go (adapting every outfit according to the occasion) not because I want to stand out from the crowd or anything like that but I just dress up when I feel great and dress down when I feel lazy and that's it. There are many people who might think that I get dressed up for school but the funny thing is that I don't put much effort in it because that's how I normally look! I mean: tops, shirts, jeans, jackets, etc. Does that sound fancy to you? I think people get confused between "to dress up" and "to have style". 



In my first years of uni, I used to think that I didn't have to look good to go to school. Wearing pretty clothes is a waste so I just didn't care about it. However, now that I'm more into blogging, I don't find "looking good" for school as a waste of time at all! I actually feel better when I put on my daily eyeliner and do my eyebrows and prepare my next day's outfit. I've been more confident and comfortable in the way I style my clothes. Now I can wear whatever I like and feel gorgeous in it!




Hsiao

28 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, me too. I am actually at uni right now, and I am wearing, like, a sweater tucked into a pencil skirt, a lace neckbow, oxfords-- dressing up for school does not mean that you have to wear heels and put on false lashes-- it just means putting in that little extra effort-- like planning your outfit the night before, which I do as well-- which in the long run will just make you feel amazing.

    http://cynicalduchess.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your outfit sounds so chic! And yes, totally agree with you.
      Thanks for commenting! Have a nice day at uni (:

      Delete
  2. your blog is so cute I love it! Thanks for your lovley comment on mine :)
    -Morgan x
    http://justmorgs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Have a nice day/evening!

      Delete
  3. Love the casual and effortless outfit. Totally chic :)

    Stay Styled,

    Lindsey

    IG: stay_styled
    Blog: http://staystyledblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the perfect casual day look! I really like the cardigan, it looks great with the rest of the outfit. I also really like those boots, so chic!

    http://www.theaisleofstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Those are my favorite boots right now. They are amazingly comfortable, too!

      Delete
  5. Love this look and such a cute side braid! And I used to be just like you when I was in school and think "What's the point of getting ready?", but I agree you really do feel so much better about yourself when you take the time to do your makeup and put on a cute outfit :)

    xoxo Nicole

    http://www.brazenbrunette.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I'm not the only one (:

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous outfit! I love your cardigan!

    xx Isabel
    http://bellasfashionjournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh I love this side braid. I wish I could braid better! adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've been wearing my hair like this the whole summer and fall.

      Delete
  8. I love your jeans ! :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete
  9. I almost never wear colour, it's all about the neutrals :) I love your jeans, great outfit <3

    Valentina from FASHION with VALENTINA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely look :)

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ughh your side braid makes me miss my long hair so much!! Such an effortlessly beautiful look! :)

    http://lovezeti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. people ask me why I dress up for uni too but I don't think I do!! Haha, love the side braid too xox
    saltanxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just different from them! haha. Thank you, dear!

      Delete