Sunday, November 8, 2015

Day of the Death


 PART II




























How much do you know about "Alebrijes"? 
I can't deny that I've learned many things from this past weekend. Museums, architecture, archaeology, art... I've always been interested and amazed by them. Maybe it's just because I like to know more about cultural things or maybe it's just that they're all very visually attractive. Either way, I'm definitely in love with everything and anything related to them. And the "alebrijes" are one of them. 

Just a little bit of extra information: An "Alebrije" is a very colored Oaxacan-Mexican folk art sculpture that represents your imagination, feelings, thoughts. They're all reflected in figures of different and magnific fantastic creatures. 

How far can your imagination fly? Some people might say that they use drugs in order to make that kind of beautiful designs and figures. Although it might be true, I believe that all the feelings that your body and mind can convey, can be reflected in art. 

"Art is not what you see but what you make others see" - Edgar Degas

Hsiao



No comments:

Post a Comment