Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Day of the Death

PART I





















I'd been dying to go to Oaxaca for months and it finally happened! I went on a 3 day tour with my friends and other classmates. On our first day, we went to Mitla, an archaeological site which is about 40 km away from the city of Oaxaca. Then, we went to a Mezcal Factory and tried out many types of mezcal. 

When the sun came down, we went back to the hotel and prepared ourselves to go to see the troupe that performed from downtown to the touristic site. I apologize for not uploading those pictures but the reason is that I didn't want to use flash and that's why the quality isn't good. 

We went to the cemetery as well, the bad thing was that there were two cemeteries and they have a certain date to celebrate in each cemetery. We didn't know that and we visited the cemeteries in the dates that had no celebration. Such a bad luck we had. However, we could appreciate the decorated graves and the cemeteries looked amazing and full of life (sounds ironic, I know).

After that, since we had nothing scheduled for the whole evening, my friends and I went to have some drinks and chill for a while. What a great start for the weekend!

Stay tuned for part II and III!

Love,
Hsiao
x

4 comments: