Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Be grateful





















Who doesn't love boba tea/milk tea? If you didn't know, Boba Tea is originaly from Taiwan, which is where I'm from but I'm currently living in Mexico. So, I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Hsiao, it's pronounced as it's written, but you can pronounce it as you like, I don't really mind. I'm 21 years old, almost 22. I'm studying languages and I speak Chinese Mandarin fluently, Spanish fluently, Taiwanese, English, German, French, and I also learnt Japanese and Russian but the last two I barely remember something. I really like fashion but I don't support animal abuse because I'm a vegetarian. I like writing things and singing when I'm sad or stressed, that's how I release all those bad feelings that are stucked in my brain. 
I hope that after giving that information, you could get to know me a little bit more. And without further ado, let's start with the main subject.






As you can see (as said in the beginning) I love bubble tea, soy milk bubble tea to be more specific. When I first came to Mexico, there wasn't any place where sold boba tea and I almost forgot the taste of it. However, when the first boba tea shop opened,  I was really excited. Even though I didn't expect too much on their products, when I took the first sip, my mind just blown away! It felt like if my childhood came back to me again. 

You'll see, I've been away from my hometown since I was very little and sometimes, not that often, I go back to see my grandparents and family that still living in Taiwan. Though I've been living in Mexico for many years and I speak fluent Spanish and I grew up with its culture and holidays, I still feel that this is not my home. I have to say that I really love Mexico, its food and diverse culture are amazing and rich. However, wherever I go, there'll always be someone pointing at me and looking at me as if they've never seen asian people before. I know that's their curiosity but that has been bothering me since I remember. If you have experience that, I'm sure you can relate.


Nevertheless, thanks to that experiences, I've learnt to be positive and strong. I've also learnt that you have to see the bright side of any negative situation because they will teach you many things and will make you grow mentally and sentimentally. Life's a rollercoaster, it may have its ups and downs, but whenever you are in your worst moments of your life, never surrender and always look forward. That's the key to happiness and that's what I've learnt through my experiences. I'm grateful for all the people who have been with me through thick and thin and they have taught me how to be the person I am today. So, stick with the people who are positive and the people with an open mind. And remember, always see the bright side of life.




Please comment if you can relate to my experience, I would really like to read them!

INSTAGRAM: www.instagram.com/nomoretulips

No comments:

Post a Comment